Thinking safe is an important part of parenting, yet do you know exactly what a finger-trap is? And what constitutes a choke hazard? These tools are designed to help teach your growing family how to stay safe each and every day.
- Official dimensions - we have used the specifications for choke hazards and finger entrapments defined very carefully in European safety standards.
- Simple instructions - to help you use the tools effectively are inside every pack
- Finger probe - for children 6 to 24 months of age, the ones most at risk from this type of accident. If the small end goes in further than the marked line, and the large end won’t fit in the gap - it’s a finger trap. Beware!
- Choke tester - if something small can be fitted or squashed into the tester, it’s a choke hazard for under twos and needs to be kept out of reach.
- Warning stickers - help friends, babysitters and other children ‘think safe’ by placing our stickers as reminders around your home. Download further free copies here.
- Bite and choke safe - hese are not toys, but the tools are made from bite proof, food-grade materials for extra safety.
- Meets safety standards - Complies with all the relevant clauses of the toy standard EN71Series.
When to use
Use the choke tester from about three months, the stage at which your child will start being able to grasp anything within reach. Use the stickers and finger-probe from around six months when your child starts to move about your home.